Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Acrobat Reader 7.0 Solaris

>
>>I see that there is now an Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 (Sparc)
on www.adobe.com.
>>However I do not seem to be able to download it for some reason
>>(ardownload.adobe.com not found) - has anybody else managed to
>>download it ?
>
>
> Try:
> ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/7x/7.0/enu/AdbeRdr70_solaris_enu.tar.gz
>
> I downloaded it yesterday, after quite a period where the server
> appeared to be dead.
>

Got it thanks.

I see acroread is part of Solaris 10 and there is some grubby binary
wrapper called
pdflaunch which I'm not sure what it does. Moving the
/opt/sfw/bin/acroread to acroread5.0
and adding a symbolic link to 7.0 seems to have done the trick.

I guess Sun will eventually issue a Sol 10 patch for Acrobat to take
the old 5.0 out and pop
the new 7.0 in ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home