Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Reading a file and passing it as a value to a script.

Reading a file and passing it as a value to a script.
All 2 messages in topic - view as tree

Hi All,

I need some information on how to do the following.

I have a file (images.txt)

the contents are as follws...

image1.jpg
image23.jpg
image47.jpg
image100.jpg

.... and so on.

What I hope to do is have a script read this file, and for each entry,
perform a operation using imagemagick.

How could I achive this, I am using bash 3 on FreeBSD if this makes a
difference.

--
Materialised
perl -e 'printf "%silto%c%sal%c%s%ccodegurus%corg%c", ma, 58, mw, 107,
'er', 64, 46, 10;'

Bart: "Christmas is a time when people of all religions come together to
worship Jesus Christ."

Reply

Subject: Re: [bash] Reading a file and passing it as a value to a script.

while read line; do
...
done < images.txt

--
William Park

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home