Friday, July 22, 2005

Which disk have I booted from?

Hello

I have just set up mirrored system disks on an E450 system running
Solaris 8, Disksuite 4.2.1.

The server is sited remotely and I don't ( at present ) have remote
console access.

I set up an alias for my mirrored disk and rebooted using reboot --
boot-mirror # the alias name.

I can't seem to determine from /var/adm/messages which disk I have
actually booted from. Does anyone know a way of doing this?

Much Appreciated
Mark

Reply


Sivakanth Mundru
Subject: Re: Which disk have I booted from?

> I have just set up mirrored system disks on an E450 system running
> Solaris 8, Disksuite 4.2.1.

> The server is sited remotely and I don't ( at present ) have remote
> console access.

> I set up an alias for my mirrored disk and rebooted using reboot --
> boot-mirror # the alias name.

> I can't seem to determine from /var/adm/messages which disk I have
> actually booted from. Does anyone know a way of doing this?

> Much Appreciated
> Mark

If you have set up aliases with eeprom

eeprom | grep alias

Then do a prtconf -pv | grep bootpath

You should be able to compare both the paths and tell which mirror you
are booted off of

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home