Friday, September 16, 2005

swap

Jason Stout wrote...
> The space problem is a good guess but I don't think thats it. The
> OpenBSD box has PLENTY of storage space free. The Solaris box is
> only running about 50% on the disk I'm ftp'ing to and /tmp is
> fine. df -k doesn't show me swap space so maybe that's it. I
> don't even know how to check swap space usage. Any help?

solaris$ swap -l
swapfile dev swaplo blocks free
/dev/dsk/c0t3d0s1 32,25 8 196552 182328

OR

solaris$ swap -s
total: 10208k bytes allocated + 3720k reserved = 13928k used, 169840k available

Check to make sure that /tmp is being mounted as a swap filesystem.

solaris$ grep tmp /etc/vfstab
swap - /tmp tmpfs - yes -

If not, make sure that you're ftp'ing the file to a filesystem
that has enough free space...unless you have more than 900mb of swap
space, and you're ftp'ing a 900mb file to /tmp....that would explain
the problem.

> The space problem is a good guess but I don't think thats it. The
> OpenBSD box has PLENTY of storage space free. The Solaris box is
> only running about 50% on the disk I'm ftp'ing to and /tmp is
> fine. df -k doesn't show me swap space so maybe that's it. I
> don't even know how to check swap space usage. Any help?

swapctl -l ; see swapctl(8)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home